Academic Support Team Agent (Daytime Shifts) Part-Time
- Job Category: Academics
- Requisition Number: ACADE18120
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
This position is 20 hours per week (5 shifts of 4 hours each). All shift times are based on EST.
The Academic Support Team is responsible for providing customer service via chat, phone, and ticket requests including, but not limited to: tutoring, quiz resets, IEP processing, exemption requests, course and teacher issues, minor technical issues, and course navigation and set up. The team provides basic post-training support to mentors, administrators, and district instructors. Academic Support Team agents work on scheduled shifts to provide round the clock service to our clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Demonstrate passion for helping students, school staff and instructors
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Provide tutoring to students
- Desire to problem solve and help others
- Skilled at troubleshooting issues
- Ability to learn new systems
- Ability to maintain a quiet workspace
- Available 20 hours a week and be available to cover five 4-hour shifts a week.
Shifts Available: The Academic Support Team provides our service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have shifts open from Sunday through Saturday. Flexibility in availability is appreciated as shifts can adjust based on the needs of our clients. Willingness to work Saturday and/or Sunday is an immediate need. This position requires you to work (5 shift of 4 hours each week during the below EST shift times):
- 8:00 AM-12:00 PM (EST)
- 12:00 PM-4:00 PM (EST)
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of any learning management system, preferably Brightspace.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Web proficiency
- Reliable high speed internet of at least 25mbps upload and 3mbps download
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must hold and maintain a valid teaching license with any state’s Department of Education.
- Experience with online teaching and supporting adults and children with the use of technology
- Bilingual, with a preference for Spanish
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.