As a WebPT AR Services Specialist, you’ll serve as a direct line from our customers’ clinics to our billing team. You’ll need to be quick on your feet, providing innovative solutions for any problem facing your team or WebPT customers. If you’re an experienced, can do candidate with plenty of positivity then this is the position for you.
- Be an advocate for our customers by completing appeals for claim denials and/or low insurance payments.
- Work the aging accounts and collect pending receivable payments from patients and insurance companies.
- Prioritize and effectively communicate tasks to your team.
- Work with the team to achieve and maintain key A/R benchmarks.
Skills, Qualifications, Abilities and Knowledge
- We’re looking for someone with a head for making decisions, problem solving skills and a knack for finding solutions.
- This role requires top notch memory and confidentiality in all situations.
- Experience in rehab therapy community and the day to day operations of a large PT, OT, or SLP clinic is preferred but not required.
- Be passionate about quality customer service. You love helping people, and you strive to deliver excellent internal and external service.
- Be able to perform in all forms of communication (i.e., phone and email). You’ll be interacting with insurance companies and patients regarding accounts, past due balances, unpaid claims, and other billing related items. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Be fluent in billing language and comfortable with A/R software.
- Must be able to meet weekly metrics by working with more than 45 accounts per day, which includes working denials, sending appeals, communication with our members and patients.
- Casual dress environment including sneakers and jeans.
This position requires a full time work schedule of 40 hours per week and the ability to maintain consistent regular attendance.
Education and Experience
- Two years of customer service experience
- Experience supporting small to mid sized environments
- Experience in medical or physical therapy billing (orthopedics, chiropractic, dental, optical, or any specialty medicine).
- Experience working with a variety of medical billing software.
- Healthcare compliance and terminology knowledge.
- At least two years of experience in full cycle medical billing or schooling.
Additional Aspects of the job
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.
2 years: Customer service experience