Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Act as liaison with leave provider, parent company, employee managers (as necessary), and employees regarding leaves and benefits.
- Maintain employee Leave of Absence (LOA) files, maintain related databases, track data, and report on LOA metrics.
- Provide consultation to Human Resources regarding leave of absence programs, policies, and practices.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of leave policies, collective bargaining agreements, and current practices.
- Perform data and information gathering efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain an active file of open leave cases with an emphasis on resolution /case closure.
- Assist in identifying areas for LOA and disability process improvement opportunities, and contributes to the development and definition of standards for new processes organization-wide.
- Support Workers Compensation audits
- Support unemployment claims
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Three to five years’ human resource experience or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of FMLA and related leave legislation nationally for all states.
- Solid computer skills utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent written communication, oral communication, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to appropriately communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability and willingness to train other team members.
- Ability to identify, assess, and resolve complex issues/problems.
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.