R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1® is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Credit Representative will be responsible for supporting the revenue cycle insurance credit balance follow-up function for R1 customer sites across the United States. The primary goal of the Credit Representative is to complete tasks relating to the resolution of insurance and patient credits associated with client accounts receivables. The primary responsibility is to ensure that credits for hospitals and patients are applied accurately and in a timely manner and in accordance with Government and payor regulations. This role is empowered to use analytical skills to maximize technology to improve financial outcomes.
- Effectively work with escalated and complex insurance credit and patient credit balance accounts to facilitate accurate resolution of credit balance.
- Review account information and all necessary system applications to determine the next most value-added work activity and thoroughly document all pertinent activity performed.
- Review specified refunds for approval and handle all necessary refund paperwork processing; Medicare 838 Reporting.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solution; consider and identify automation and process improvement opportunities; work well in group problem solving environment.
- Complete special projects/reports to resolve high priority and aged credit balance inventory.
- Perform audits to validate effective and accurate credit review steps completed, identify areas of improvement, and provide applicable feedback.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to execute processes efficiently and maintain highest level of quality
- Demonstrates ability to identify and communicate issues
- Computer literacy skills, including Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office products
- Enhanced communication and customer service skills
- Ability to be self-directed, coupled with exemplary time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- 1-2 years experience in healthcare revenue cycle environment.
- Working knowledge or experience with medical terminology.
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
· Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
· 401K with Company Match
· Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Parental Leave
R1 RCM Inc. (“the Company”) is dedicated to the fundamentals of equal employment opportunity. The Company’s employment practices , including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
High School or better.