The Billing Resolution Specialist is an integral part of ensuring the resolution of Privia patient billing queries and Care Center staff queries, showing care and concern. In this role, the coordinator will research incoming patient calls using our database to reconcile, resolve, and ensure clear communication for all billing and payment related inquiries. Additionally, this role will support our Care Centers
Primary Job Duties:
- Answer high volume, inbound phone calls from patients, utilizing a cloud based phone system.
- Educate our patients on patient financial responsibility surrounding deductibles, copays, and coinsurance.
- Confidently inform and collect patient balances using Privia financial policy guidelines.
- Research, identify and resolve patient billing queries using athena EMR database.
- Successfully meet all call center productivity and quality standards.
- High School Diploma required
- 1-2 years of full time experience in a call center customer service environment preferred; remote work experience recommended
- Familiar using software such as G-Suite products
- Availability to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8am – 6pm, Monday through Friday
- Must provide accessibility to secure, quiet work space with direct high-speed internet connection to effectively work remotely
- Has an understanding and the ability to comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The employee will be required to see and use computer technology, speak clearly through a headset so another person can understand, and understand the speech of another person.
Technical Requirements for Remote Work:
In order to successfully work remotely, supporting our patients and providers, we require a minimum of 5 MBPS for Download Speed and 3 MBPS for the Upload Speed. This should be acquired prior to the start of your employment. The best measure of your internet speed is to use online speed tests like https://www.bing.com/search?q=speedtest opens in a new window. This gives you an update as to how fast data transfer is with your internet connection and if it meets the minimum speed requirements. Work with your internet provider if you have questions about your connection. Employees who regularly work from home offices are eligible for expense reimbursement to offset this cost.