We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our firm. The ideal candidate possesses in-depth knowledge of bookkeeping and payroll practices, as well as preparation of financial statements. They will be able to effectively manage multiple engagements with clients and consistently deliver exemplary services to them. This position is a 100% remote position.
Most of the firm’s clientele are located in Jackson, Wyoming. Below is an overview of the job position. Please note that the items listed are not all inclusive.
What you’ll do:
- Post all account activity (checks, deposits, automatic withdrawals, direct deposits, etc.) for multiple clients
- Prepare payroll and all associated relevant deposits, tax forms, withholdings, etc.
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare and review basic financial statements
- Prepare and submit monthly Wyoming sales tax forms
- Provide guidance on Wyoming sales tax matters (i.e. nexus, online orders, lodging tax, use tax, etc.)
- Prepare and submit Annual Corporate Reports to the Wyoming Secretary of State
- Facilitate Quickbooks setup (desktop and online)
- Provide Quickbooks support, troubleshooting and assistance to clients
What you should have:
- Well versed with accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Desktop required
- Experience and comfort working in a remote environment
- Up-to-date on current technologies
- Familiar, or ability to become familiar once hired, with Wyoming unemployment insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, and sales tax.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Prioritizes clarity, collaboration and consideration in professional communication
- Capability to explain complicated bookkeeping issues to clients
- Ability to work and solve problems independently
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task while maintaining a detail-oriented perspective
- Develops and models an understanding of firm philosophy, values, and tax opinions
- Implements technology to help streamline office practices and processes