Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof.
We’re quickly expanding our telemedicine team, and looking to bring on a motivated customer service professional to support our growing member base. As a Care Coordinator, you’ll directly contribute to Forward’s mission of rebuilding our country’s broken healthcare system. Our ideal candidate is someone who is hardworking, energized by helping others, and is a determined problem-solver.
Press and Videos:Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]‘Forward at Home’ Product Launch [TechCrunch]“Health Moves Forward” [CEO Blog Post]Forward Doctors Respond to COVID-19 [FastCompany]
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Deliver high-quality remote support via chat, phone, and email, serving as one of the first responders to any inbound questions or requests from Forward members
- Facilitate care and streamline handoffs with other parties in the healthcare system, ensuring that our members receive the highest quality care
- Demonstrate empathy and problem-solving skills as you answer questions, address issues, and coordinate with third parties
- Triage high responsibility issues and escalate medical concerns when necessary
- Iterate constantly, leveraging user feedback and your operational experience to improve on what we’ve built
- Create loyalty among users by contributing to the overall Forward experience
- Work collaboratively with a team of peers to solve customer issues and complete clinical and administrative tasks on behalf of Forward’s doctors and nurse practitioners
- Median compensation is $17/hr. This role does not include medical or dental benefits.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Responsible. You take ownership for your work, and you operate with a high level of confidentiality and attention to detail
- Empathetic and understanding. You are an advocate for the member’s healthcare and are passionate about providing top quality care
- Articulate. You have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as an eye for customer service
- Flexible. This is a 100% remote position, with the expectation that you will work 30+ hours per week. Weekend and weekly night shifts, along with shifts during business hours, are available
- Agile. You are excited about improving our processes, and you adapt quickly to feedback and new training modules as we expand our offerings and services
- Passionate about healthcare and helping people. Educational or professional experience in healthcare, medicine, and life sciences a big plus
Why join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry – we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to acknowledge every application we receive. We will reach out to you directly if we would like to schedule an interview. If we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other positions, we may keep your application on file and contact you for future opportunities. Thank you so much for your time, and best of luck with your application!