Provides customer support to business customers via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g. instant message, email). Handles customer inquiries and resolves simple and basic support issues, such as address changes, processing orders, warranty, or billing/payment. Performs other administrative duties as requested.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customer support by phone, email, or instant message to business customers. Serves as primary contact for inbound/outbound customer issues.
- Processes a high volume of customer inquiries of One Call products and services.
- Troubleshoots customer problems, identifies the root cause of the problem, and uses tools and resources appropriately to determine how to resolve customer problems.
- Follow escalation protocol for unresolved issues that include continual coaching and mentoring to ensure proper escalation follow up.
- Tracks and documents inbound support requests and ensures proper notation of customer problems or issues.
- Updates customer information and ensures accurate entry of contact information.
- Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule, and average handle time.
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced Care Coordinators.
- High school diploma or GED is required for this role. High school diploma or GED completion will be verified.
- If working with federal government contract clients, an employee is required to receive federal government clearance for handling sensitive information. Employee is also required to receive annual security awareness training.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the company’s products, services and business operations to enable resolution of customer inquiries.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer navigation and operation skills.
- Demonstrates effective people skills and sensitivities when dealing with others.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
- The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
- Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Please be advised the job description is subject to change at any time.