What they have to say about this job:
The goal of the Career Coach (CC) is to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps and graduates are prepared and confident in their job search. A balance of supporting students to meet their obligations of becoming a qualified job seeker, developing market specific career development curriculum, delivering programs and content appropriate for the tech industry, and ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner and find roles that they are passionate about.
*This is a 100% Remote Position*
- Manages a robust pipeline of students and graduates through scalable and innovative programming initiatives, one-on-ones, employer engagement
- Responds to students and job seeker needs to identify challenges and mitigate areas of struggle to develop cohesive and intentional action plans
- Strives to understand and engage the local tech scene and incorporate this community and perspective as much as possible.
- Serves as an accountability and thought partner to students and local GA teammates (Instruction, Admissions, Marketing) and communicates a consistent, thoughtful, and unified message
- Delivers meaningful programs that empower job seekers to lead a successful and strategic job search
- Coach & Counselor – Ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking and that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Content Delivery – Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Lead both recurring one-on-one and classroom based programming.
- Content Creation – Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed and create new student-facing resources. Be a key thought partner in the curriculum and resource creation.
- Internal Team Connector – Utilize and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management – Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.