Every student who graduates from a Thinkful program should find rewarding work as a web developer, designer, data analyst, or data scientist just to name a few. To achieve this, the Career Coach advises and guides graduates of Thinkful through the career planning, job search, and decision making process. You will facilitate the delivery of the career services behavioral and informational curriculum to make students job-ready candidates. With each student you will build and sustain strong relationships with local and regional employers.
The Career Coach engages students over chat, email, and video calls. They set expectations, evaluate work, and resolve any issues students encounter on their way to employment. Every day you will work to influence student and employer decisions, provide portfolio feedback, and interview coaching to students. Simultaneously you will provide employers in our network with the talent they need to succeed.
One of the most rewarding things we do as a company is helping change people’s lives. As a Career Coach, you will lead us in helping our graduates transition into the tech space. We make a huge investment in each student’s success and are driven by outcomes. We are with our students on the front line until we achieve our outcome.
- Guide a portfolio of job seekers through the full life-cycle of their job search.
- Review cover letters, resumes, and other materials to ensure that they are optimized and effective.
- Be the go-to expert for students on how to prepare for and execute a successful job search.
- Respond to queries from job seekers as they come in through a variety of channels.
- Contribute to career preparation curriculum.
- Develop and lead workshops and webinars on elements of an effective job search strategy.
- Identify and triage obstacles impeding individual job searches.
- Proactively identify job seekers who need additional support and ensure they are supported as necessary.
- Contribute iterative improvements to the Career Services team in ways that increase the value that we deliver to graduates and the scale at which we operate.
- Identify patterns in external hiring processes, assess their impact on job searches, and drive action to better prepare our job seekers.
- 2-5 years experience in related role
- Clear understanding of accountability to KPIs
- Ability to listen, motivate, and provide valuable feedback to others
- Passion for helping others obtain meaningful careers and providing outstanding service
- Ability to consistently execute on daily responsibilities with minimal oversight
- You’re genuinely excited about building personal relationships with students who are taking charge of their own education and striving for better careers.
- Past experience as a technical recruiter, engineering hiring manager, executive search team member, career coach, or other counselor.
- Experience in data collection and analytics to improve performance.
- Strong writer, and engaging and charismatic verbal communicator.
- Excruciatingly detail-oriented and organized.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive base salary and significant equity
- Amazing healthcare, dental, and vision insurance plans meaningfully covered for individuals and families
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Vacation
- Learn to code with Thinkful courses and a mentor