The Careers team at Thinkful requires a well written and highly communicative Careers Graderfor a remote contract position. You will review & provide written feedback to our students on their resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, and elevator pitch.
You should love to write and to read other people’s writing, be an exceptional communicator and have experience in resume writing, career preparation or human resource functions in the tech industry.
In addition to reviewing written work, you will also be responsible for watching elevator pitch videos and providing feedback on them. You will work on our platform and are expected to work off of our rubrics and templates while also providing a level of personalized feedback.
This is a fully remote position.
We expect this role to involve 2-4 hours of work per day.
We expect to provide feedback within 1 business day from the time work is submitted.
- Provide personalized written feedback to students enrolled in Thinkful’s programs
- Complete grading within 1 business since the work is submitted
- Develop and optimize Thinkful templates for resumes, online portfolios and other tools used to help graduates get hired
- Work with students to polish their online profiles; including resumes and LinkedIn profiles
- Provide insight into tech hiring requirements as they relate to a person’s profile
- Take a consultative approach and ensuring you are building student’s confidence while coaching them on their brand assets
- Communicate and coordinate with Thinkful graduates across the USA and with Thinkful’s internal Careers team
- Stay up to date on our products, marketplace, and the latest industry developments
- Professional resume writing background; CPRW and/or NCRW certification is preferred, but not required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Google Docs with a strong aptitude for formatting
- Solid tech and industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant tech skills, and how they apply to target companies
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to engage primarily through text, so strong writing skills are essential