Our people, process, and technology give healthcare organizations an HIM edge. If you share our commitment to providing service that is second-to-none, we invite you to join our team of industry-leading HIM specialists, healthcare veterans, and thought-leaders nationwide. If you are passionate about
what you do, then you belong with the leading provider of full suite HIM solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation
- Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition
- Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution
- Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for APC assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials
- Attend CIOX Health-sponsored education meetings/in-services
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment in the performance of job responsibilities
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues
- Function in a professional, efficient, and positive manner
- Adhere to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Must be customer-service focused and exhibit professionalism, flexibility, dependability, and desire to learn
- The high complexity of work function and decision making
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Willing and able to travel when necessary if applicable
- Must have excellent communications skills- email and verbal
- Reports to work as scheduled
- Complies with all HIM Division Policies
- Expected to frequently use the following equipment: Desktop PC or thin client, phone (with voice mail), fax machine, and other general office equipment.
What you should have:
- Associate or Bachelor’ degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS, CPC or CCSP.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- One to five years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software
- Passing annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given annually in accordance with employee review