Disability RMS is the nation’s leading provider of turnkey disability risk management products and services. Located in South Portland, Maine, Disability RMS has more than 350 employees with the specialized product knowledge and service skills required to succeed in today’s complex risk protection market. Disability RMS holds the distinction of twice being named the Best Large Company to Work for in Maine, an accolade awarded by the Best Companies Group, in partnership with the Maine Department of Labor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Call Center Representative is responsible for handling inbound calls from claimants regarding various claim inquires. These calls are received on multiple toll free lines that support multiple client companies. In addition, the Call Center Representative answers and directs inbound calls on the Disability RMS main line. The Call Center Representative also provides claims-related administrative support.
This position is Monday through Thursday 10:30am to 7:00pm and Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm (no required weekends). Training typically lasts 2 to 3 weeks and the hours will be 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
The essential functions and responsibilities of this job position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Takes inbound calls from claimants in a timely and professional manner, adhering to service standards
- Answers basic questions for claimants
- Refers more complicated questions to analysts
- Documents calls clearly and accurately
- Takes inbound calls on the Disability RMS main line, referring calls to the appropriate individual/department
- Monitors voicemail boxes for messages and relays those messages in a timely manner
- Maintains an understanding of the different clients, products and department functions