AM Trace has immediate openings for Contact Tracer to support state and local COVID-19 Contact Tracing programs. High call-volume position. No travel required. This is a remote position with no travel required.This position will begin immediately.
Background: The scale and complexity of the COVID-19 outbreak has underscored the need for prompt and effective implementation of evidence-based containment measures. Contact tracing is one of the interventions that has been used to effectively control recent pandemics (Ebola, SARS), and has shown to be effective against COVID-19 mitigation in South Korea, New Zealand and elsewhere.
Professionals across the country have become passionate about helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Compassion and empathy are key traits needed in candidates who are applying for AM Trace opportunities. Nurses, social workers, and those with a public health background are highly encouraged to apply to join our fast paced, dynamic, and remote workforce.
The successful Contact Tracer will work remotely to conduct a virtual “needs check,” and connect at-risk COVID-19 positive patients and people in quarantine to community resources.
- Call contacts of newly-diagnosed patients.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collect and record information on symptoms into the CRM.
- Provide contacts with approved information on state/local quarantine procedures, and, if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol (and/or to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social resources.)
- Contact Tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine, and what to do if symptoms develop. They are not permitted to deviate from the script, or provide information that is not included in the script.
- Contact tracers will be required to use their own telephone, computer and electronic equipment.
- Maintain daily contact with the supervisor.
- “Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Contact Tracers”(ASTHO) completed by date of hire.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals.
- College degree or equivalent required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Second or multiple languages a plus (especially Spanish, Portuguese, French, Haitian-Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali).
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- PC with Windows 10 or Mac with Mac OS 10.15 or newer.
- Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, for Mac Antivirus Protection: Sophos.
- Personal mobile device.
- A headset is recommended.
- Must have a quiet, dedicated workspace.
- User provided home high-speed network connection.