This position is only available to those eligible to work in the USA and are current USA residents except those living in CA, CO, HI or NY.
Contact tracing is a process that identifies individuals who may have been in contact with someone who is infected by a virus. Once these contacts are identified, public health workers known as contact tracers communicate with these individuals to warn them of potential exposure and connect them with public health information and services including testing.
We will hire, train and supervise a team working remotely to support local health departments to perform COVID-19 contact tracing activities. The aim of this will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19 in a particular region, gather information about their contacts, and to call every contact. This is in tandem with other efforts to increase testing, develop coordinated outbreak management response, increase infrastructure for isolation and quarantine support, if needed, and fortify efforts to control the pandemic.
What you’ll be doing
Under the supervision of a Contact Tracing Supervisor, the Contact Tracer will use a web-based data management platform to call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them to testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine or isolation, if appropriate.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients. Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Carry on an investigative and engaging conversation to build trust. While there may be scripted questions that are needed, these conversations are of a highly confidential and personal nature. The ability to naturally to build rapport is essential.
- Collect and record information on symptoms.
- Provide contacts with approved information about local quarantine/isolation procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 social resources.
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
What you bring to the position (required qualifications)
- High school diploma, or equivalent required; post-secondary education preferred
- Education and/or direct experience in healthcare or social work fields
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Fluency in second or multiple languages a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to show empathy and interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ethical and professional conduct
- Critical thinking
- Negotiating skills
- Problem solving
- Cultural humility and competency
- Emotional intelligence
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Open communication
- Active listening
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers and data entry into electronic tracking systems
- Ability to pass training curriculum for Contact Tracing
The Equipment You’ll Need
- Your own Windows-based PC computer with the required technical specifications: https://www.ttecjobs.com/en/work-from-home/requirements
- Ability to hardwire (ethernet) direct to your home router during your at home employment
- High speed internet >15mpbs (check yours at Fast.com)
- A dedicated telephone (landline) or smart phone/device is required at all times during employment
- USB Headset