We run a lean B2B content-driven machine. We own and manage multiple brands. We develop content that goes on to be seen by millions. We collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry. We have clients from around the world. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a content editor to join our growing team. In short, you’ll be helping our team create exceptional written content—from the briefing stage, through to published content and the social copy that promotes it—both for our B2B clients and for Foundation itself.
What you’ll do:
Your primary responsibility will be editing content on deadline to ensure it complies with relevant style guides, aligns with the intended goals, is free of grammatical and spelling errors, and generally makes for a good read. You’ll be the gatekeeper of quality, and the final set of eyes before content leaves our team and heads to its intended destination.
- Editing long-form content (blog posts, articles, white papers, landing pages, emails, etc.)
- Editing short-form social content (Tweets, Linkedin posts, Instagram captions, etc.)
- Edit other necessary content-adjacent documentation, such as strategy documents, implementation guides, proposal decks, and more
- Collaborating with content writers, project managers, account managers, strategists, distribution specialists, freelance writers, and a wide variety of client contacts to ensure content meets expectations and deadlines
- Offering constructive feedback, resources, and training to writers to help raise the bar on content quality across the company
What you should have:
- B.A. in Journalism, Communications, or English
- Minimum 3 years of content editing experience
- Mastery of US/Canadian English
- Near-perfect grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Close attention to detail and the ability to provide constructive and actionable feedback
- Able to edit content about a variety of topics, even some you haven’t worked with before
- Experience with content about marketing, business, SaaS, or technology companies
- Willingness to share writing/editing samples and complete a (paid) test project, if needed
ICING ON THE CAKE:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships
- Excellent communication skills (especially written)
- Strong time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage your schedule (We’re a fully remote team, after all)
- The ability to work on several projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Experience using the Google Drive suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)