Work cross functionally to deliver best in world experience for our residential fiber internet customers. This position will be responsible for portions of the customer relationship to assist with sales, care, service issues or delivery of service. It also delivers all needed steps for provisioning and fulfillment closely related to the assignment, provisioning, delivery, installation and usage of fiber based broadband services. Success in this role will be measured by customer feedback, collaboration with impacted teams, supplemental customer research and synthesis of multiple inputs to fully understand and assist the customers’ journey. The candidate will identify root causes, design solutions, implement improvements, and measure results. This is a highly collaborative role with great opportunity to drive an excellent customer experience. This position is responsible for the success of our customers and to ensure that their experience with X product is exceptional buy delivering high-quality, accountable and timely support. This is a demanding role that requires a unique skill set. As the voice of the product and Lumen, you will act as an advocate for the product and as a champion for our customers.
The Main Responsibilities
- Effectively resolve customer questions through chat, telephone or email in a considerate and timely manner
- Take ownership of technical issues and customer problems from beginning to end
- Compose a thoughtful, personalized response to a variety of customer requests
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for other teams or support organizations
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs/issues causing ‘unhappy path’ for the support organizations
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team by contributing or creating documentation for customers and employees
- Collaborates with operational groups to identify opportunities to improve customer experiences in the provisioning, delivery and usage of our best in class residential fiber internet services
- Overall responsibility to ensure customers’ expectations are met in the delivery and usage of their services employing a proactive problem-solving approach
- Use subject matter expertise to leverage systems and procedures throughout the sales and install process to provide solutions for customers from beginning to end
- Think strategically to determine the best way to assist customers and identify ways to improve the customer experience
- Must be able to troubleshoot customer issues with orders or service to assist with issue resolution
- Rather than just responding to customer communication, their work is more proactive because it aims to solve problems before the customer recognizes them.
- This is an evolution of customer service (sales and care) and support (repair) representatives into a customer success role. A customer success manager works one-on-one with customers as partners. They help customers with product onboarding and ongoing usability of the product.
- These employees tend to have a diverse background in customer success along with years of experience with working with customers.
- Customer success managers follow up with their customers regularly, checking on their progress and acting similarly to a trusted advisor. Additionally, they ensure their customers get the most from the company by finding ways to optimize the product or service within the customer’s workflow.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Passion for customer support, solving problems for customers, and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- Skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- Empathetic and articulate communicator
- Experience or interest in project management
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Agility to synthesize multiple sources of information and obtain supplemental data when necessary
- Experience in communications or technology delivery and implementation desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 0-1 years of experience
- Employee should have top marks for customer support and compassion in previous reviews
- 2+ years of progressive experience supporting customers in a sales, care, repair, assign, dispatch, or programming role.