As the face and voice of the American Express brand you will make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers, and grow your career. Our unique servicing philosophy, puts your passion to serve and your drive to match customer needs with products at the center of every customer interaction, creating an opportunity to deliver unique value to our American Express SBS Customers.
If you possess the above experience, skills and share our values of providing remarkable experience for customers, and selling products to meet the needs of our clients then we look forward to receiving your application and speaking with you.
What would you do every day as a Customer Care Professional?
- Service inbound calls while engaging and consulting with small business owners and decision makers, learn about their needs and recommend the right American Express SBS products
- Deliver high levels of product and service knowledge to clearly communicate appropriate product features, benefit and other elements of American Express SBS small business services
- Continuously improve on key selling skills, including building rapport, understanding customer needs, handling objections and closing sales
- Provide extraordinary customer care by responding to questions concerning accounts in a fast paced, structured customer care environment
- Document necessary account information according to established policies and procedures
- Integrity: Adhere to all Regulatory and Compliance guidelines related to servicing and sales practices
Qualifications – External
- Customer service experience (two years+) with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, consultative relationship building, resourcefulness and strong written and verbal communication.
- Proven success in a customer service and sales environment (two years+)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a web-based environment
- Experience owning or working in a small business is a plus
- This position operates in a 24/7 environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred; Education benefits available
This is a virtual, work from home position. If you live within 35 miles of one of our service centers (Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT or Sunrise, FL), please review our Careers site for positions located onsite at one of these centers.
Current American Express employees are not eligible to move from an onsite position to a Home-Based position at this time. The hours of operation will fall within a 24/7 environment. The start date for this position will be June 28th, 2021. After the 90-day training commitment, shift hours will be made available.
Work at Home Requirements:
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate phone and internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- American Express will proved BYOI participants a monthly allowance to help offset costs of phone and internet services. In addition, you would receive an additional one time allowance to offset installation fees
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably thorough broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted.)
A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise and other distractions
Candidates must reside in one of 47 states where we currently hire (all U.S. states with the exception of California, Alaska and Hawaii.)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.