- Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed. The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.SUMMARY:
It’s simple—we are committed to helping Service Professionals grow their business. 30 million Homeowners utilize our free service. Over 90k rated and approved Service Professionals are within our network. Every 5 seconds, another homeowner reaches out to HomeAdvisor to find a home service professional for their home maintenance, repair, or improvement project. HomeAdvisor is looking for customer service focused and sales driven individuals who want to be part of a fast paced and fast growing company.
HomeAdvisor’s Homeowner Customer Care Representatives work in an environment that provides unparalleled customer service. This position is a great combination of customer service and sales. We make outbound follow up calls to homeowners, who have contacted us previously looking for a home improvement contractor, to see how the project is progressing. We assist them in submitting another request if they are still in need of more estimates, and then upsell additional requests through HomeAdvisor.Job Responsibilities:1. Make outbound calls on previous consumers’ service requests.
2. Give excellent customer service to each person.
3. Cross and up-sell other services through effective questions and conversation.
4. Verify the accuracy and validity of consumer service requests.
5. Participate in meetings and ongoing training sessions.EDUCATION:
• High School Diploma or GED required EXPERIENCE:
What does it take to work here?
• Experience in a customer service or call center setting preferred.
• Sales experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and a commitment to world class customer service.
• Familiarity with home improvement projects or contractors helpful, but not required.
• Strong working knowledge of personal computers (use of Microsoft Word and Outlook).
• Strong phone, typing or data entry skills required.
In addition, you’ll need to be able to:
• Work in a fast-paced, high energy call center environment without being distracted.
• Sit or stand for an 8-hour shift.
• Hear and talk on a phone head/hand set.
• Successfully pass a criminal background check.
• Be AWESOME.
• Have FUN.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Outgoing, with a great personality and people skills.
2. Dynamic, driven, and competitive—HomeAdvisor is the best, and we want you to be, too.
3. Thrive in a high-energy, fast paced setting.
4. Ability to multi-task and adapt to change.Pay Rate $12.50Please note: Due to the current pandemic circumstances, training will be conducted virtually; in the convenience of your own home! Your home work space must be a quiet and dedicated space for you to work in, without distractions. To ensure you are set up for success during your employment, you will need reliable high speed internet, which must be hardwired into your router. Wi-Fi connection will not be adequate for the work being performed. All of the necessary computer equipment, headset and training materials will be provided. Your home set up will consist of a computer tower, 2 monitors, keyboard, mouse and a 25’ Ethernet internet cord. *Please note this is company property and will be returned to Nelnet upon conclusion of the work from home status.Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.