This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work as a contractor at Anthem (via BC Forward) that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This is a high call volume call center. Calls are auto delivered from the moment they clock in until the end of their shift. We work on dual monitor screens and navigate through multiple systems per each interaction. We strive for great member experience and want to resolve issue on the first call. Responsible for successfully completing the required basic training. Able to perform basic job functions with help from co-workers, specialists and managers on non-basic issues. Must pass the appropriate pre-employment test battery.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims. Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
- Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information, activities and changes in the database.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
- Under immediate supervision, receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
- Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting.
- Requires limited knowledge of company services, products, insurance benefits, provider contracts and claims. Seeks, understands and responds to the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
- Required to meet department goals.
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent; up to 1 year of previous experience in an automated customer service environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Prefer call center experience & Customer service experience.
- Must be able to navigate multiple systems at a time, dual monitors, basic computer skills,
- Must be able to work from home with internet in a quiet, private area. The computer must be hooked up via ethernet (no wifi). During training and nesting, associates are asked to be on video to ensure a collaborative, engaging learning environment.
- Possible Temp To Hire
- Shift for training? M-F 8am – 5pm (may vary 830am-5 or 8 to 430pm depends on lunch determined by trainer)
- Due to COVID, training will be a virtual classroom and a laptop will be provided. Associates are expected to be on camera during training and nesting to ensure an engaging, collaborative learning environment. After training, associates will continue working from home until further notice. Associates need to have a private work area and be able to connect directly to their internet router (system will not work on Wi-Fi).
- Schedule after training: At least two weeks prior to completing training shifts will be assigned based on business need. Hours will range between M-F 8am – 8pm EST based on business need
- Attendance Policy- Temporary employees are subject to an accelerated attendance policy. One absence or tardy may be subject to a verbal warning, second instance subject to written, third subject to term
- Metrics: Attendance, Adherence, Average Handle Time, Customer Satisfaction survey results