This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work as a contractor at Anthem (via BC Forward) that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
These positions will be for a high volume call center for health insurance purchased through their employer (incoming member calls). Calls are auto delivered from the moment you clock in until the end of their shift. We work on dual monitor screens and navigate through multiple systems per each interaction. We strive for great member experience and want to resolve issues on the first call.
Responsible for successfully completing the required basic training. Able to perform basic job functions with help from co-workers, specialists and managers on non-basic issues. Must pass the appropriate pre-employment test battery.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims.
- Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
- Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information, activities and changes in the database.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
- Under immediate supervision, receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
- Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting.
- Seeks, understands and responds to the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
- Requires limited knowledge of company services, products, insurance benefits, provider contracts and claims.
- Required to meet department goals.
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent; up to 1 year of previous experience in an automated customer service environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Preferred Call center experience & Customer service experience.
- Must be able to navigate multiple systems at a time, dual monitors, basic computer skills, customer service background.
- Must be able to work from home with internet in a quiet area.
- The computer must be hooked up via ethernet (no wifi).
- Possible Temp To Hire
- Due to COVID training will be a virtual classroom. Computers will be provided. After training, contractors will continue working from home until further notice. Contractors need to have a private work area and be able to connect directly to their internet router (system will not work on Wi-Fi). Training will be from 8am -5pm (may vary 830am-5 or 8 to 430pm depends on lunch determined by trainer)
- Schedule: At least two weeks prior to completing training shifts will be assigned based on business need. 8hr shift M-F from 9am-8pm. (may vary based on call center core hours/business need)
- Attendance Policy: Temporary employees are subject to an accelerated attendance policy. One absence or tardy may be subject to a verbal warning, second instance subject to written, third subject to term.