Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.In your role as a Customer Service Advisor you will serve as the face of Nelnet to our customers. Your primary responsibility includes helping customers with their student loans inquiries, whether it be general questions, payment processing or payment options.
We will provide you with a fun and engaging work environment as well as thorough training to ensure you are equipped to provide a superior customer experience.
Each day your goal is to empower our customers to manage their student loans by providing a superior customer experience.
Nelnet is committed to providing our Customer Service Advisors with tools to develop and advance in their Nelnet career.
Some examples of those tools are:
o Training to enhance your strong communication skills
o Cross training to utilize web chat, email, text and social media communication with our customers
o Participation in our various professional development programs
o Gaining the knowledge and ability to educate borrowers about their student loans
o Understanding the financial aspects of student loans and the components that go with it, such as interest rates and credit reporting.
Respond to incoming borrower interactions (inbound & outbound calls, chat, email, text) and provided follow-up on inquires as needed.
1. Interact with customers on their accounts, including inbound and outbound phone calls
2. Contact customers on accounts, including outbound customer contact when appropriate.
3. Maintain and ensure integrity of data and sensitive information
4. Work with our customers across multiple platforms simultaneously to address questions and resolve issues
5. Accurately update information on customer accounts
6. Utilize your developed ability to communicate effectively with both customers and your team
7. Perform other tasks related to resolving customer needs by displaying ownership and de-escalating calls/contacts
8. Research to provide customer inquiries with resolutions in accordance with established laws, regulations, and policies
9. Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy To Do Business With (ETDBW) philosophy
10. Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement
Pay Rate: $15.00
Shift During Training: 8:00a-4:30p CST
Shift After Training: Dependent on Location
High school degree or equivalent preferred
This is an entry level role.
1+ year of customer service experience and/or general office experience preferred.
Experience in retail or other customer facing positions or job that require a high degree of providing excellent customer experience desired.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Ability to learn and retain knowledge of student loan industry
2. Service Excellence
3. Strong oral and written communication skills
4. Listening comprehension, reading comprehension
6. Accuracy/Attention to Detail
7. Work with MS Office
8. Business Math
9. Problem Solving
10. Managing Multiple Priorities
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program.