Are you a communicator and a problem solver? Would you like to make a living helping people, all from the comfort of your own home? If so, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Customer Service Agent!
In this role you will take back-to-back, incoming customer calls, working to resolve customer concerns & assist with post-rental help. You will provide general assistance to customers before, during, and after their rental as it pertains to customer service-related issues. Customer service agents also work internally with company team members as needed and assist them with resolving customer concerns. Customer service agents are also required to keep detailed, written notes regarding their work with each customer. Customer service agents are also expected to assist customers with new business/sales as needed, as well as offer new products and services to existing customers.
U-Haul offers its Customer Service Agents:
- Train and work from home – various schedules!
- Contact center career path available including work from home!
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
We offer on-the-job education which allows you the opportunity to learn and begin performing some of your job duties right away while helping customers. This role offers hands-on education working with your manager from day one, and self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
Customer Service Agent Minimum Qualifications:
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Clear speaking voice
- General knowledge of U.S. geography
- Must be available between the following times, based on Arizona time.
- Mon – Fri: 10 am – 8 pm
- Sat and Sun: 8 am – 8 pm
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that’s great!
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
A note about how we schedule: Availability to work that aligns with the business need may increase the opportunity to be scheduled more hours. We pride ourselves on being flexible with schedules, especially for students and teachers. However, if availability to work does not align with the needs of the business the result may be less hours scheduled.
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Base pay increases as you learn and perform additional job duties.
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance
The following is required to work from home:
- Quiet, private work area
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
- Non-wireless USB headset with a microphone
- Minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up, or greater.Check your Internet speed at speedtestcustom.comClick the dropdown menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ
- Windows or Mac OS allowed; If Windows then Windows 10 is required
- 8GB of RAM or greater
- Windows: CPU score of 2500 or greaterGo to this website.Type the name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU Score)
- Mac: Core i5 processor or greater
- To find your RAM and the name of your processor:
- Windows OS: From the Start menu or search windows function type RAM
- Mac OS: Open Apple menu and click About This Mac then click System Report
- Windows Users should have the following installed:Adobe Reader (set to default PDF viewer)Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
- Mac Users should have the following installed:MacOS Preview (should be pre-installed on Mac OS)Web browsers: Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome
- Once hired, install and use the required Company software including a Company provided anti-virus software
The following are not permitted when working from home due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- A wireless or non-USB headset
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet the minimum requirements
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet service or similar
- Using a Proxy server or third party network
- Compute stick or similar device
- Windows XP, 7 or 8, and Vista operating systems
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop
- Working in a public place or using a public internet connection
- Unsecure Wi-Fi or one that does not meet with the other Wi-Fi requirements
- Running any non-work related programs on your computer while working
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus software. This is a PCI (payment card industry) requirement
Exceptions: Hiring in all states/cities/counties except the following – CA, DC, Chicago, New York City, Seattle, and Montgomery County (MD).
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.