Title: Customer Service Engineer
- Location: United States
- Required core hours of 10am – 1pm Pacific Time for full-time, US-based employment.
- The Customer Support Engineer role provides Premium and free support to our customers through email and forum posts. We do not offer phone support.
- Patiently work through the resolution of support emails and questions posted in the forum. This involves flexibility in both customer care and incident management.
- Provide timely, accurate and courteous support to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and maintain an excellent technical understanding of Wordfence and other Defiant products.
- Identify support trends by gathering and sharing information with coworkers.
- Proactively and reactively create and curate support documentation.
- Appropriately escalate complex situations.
- Sympathize with our customers and promote our company value of providing excellent customer service.
- You’ll work with a team that is friendly, fast-moving, and highly capable of a sense of humor.
- Our team’s family time is important; we won’t typically require long hours when we can avoid it, which is almost always.
- Our entire team works remotely using Slack for casual interaction, so you can live practically anywhere in the World if you have an Internet connection.
- There’s no micro-management here—we trust that you will see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed.
- At Defiant, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members.
- We need to know that you can grab a task from a support ticketing system, communicate clearly with our customers, and see the task to completion with superb attention to detail.
- Willing to grab whatever task is required of you and run with it. This may include work outside of your core tasks. We are a small team and everyone needs to pitch in.
- Highly productive and able to function well independently.
- Comfortable working remotely and interfacing with other team members using Slack and other remote tools.
- An excellent communicator in written and verbal English.
- An outstanding teammate: self-directed and able to collaborate easily, knowing when to ask for help and how to give and receive feedback.
- Nimble, able to come up with creative solutions, and mature in your approach to solving challenging problems.
- Enthusiastic and able to see opportunity when problems arise.
- Empathetic and patient: some of our customers have experienced hacked sites. You should be able to comfort customers and de-escalate stressful situations.
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- A good understanding of WordPress as a CMS and PHP application.
- General knowledge of Internet protocols, web tools, programming languages and security infrastructures.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking. Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting and guide customers through the same. Ability to search information and evaluate it independently, or present hypotheses to coworkers for input.
- On screen multitasking. You will be working in several different interfaces at once and must be able to effectively answer customers and communicate with coworkers over the course of the day/
- A fast and reliable internet connection.
- All positions require a trial period of approximately 2-3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
- You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment or independent contractor relationship.
- All offers of employment or an independent contractor role are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from an offer of employment or independent contractor role with the company.
- The following benefits are only available for full-time, US-based employees. Some benefits are pro-rated for part-time, US-based employees.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has been 100% remote for over 5 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Fitness stipend for a local gym membership or home fitness equipment.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition reimbursement.