As a Customer Service / Insurance Specialist you’ll use your excellent customer service skills and your problem solving ability to efficiently and effectively respond to incoming customer inquiries and/or concerns in a high call volume environment. Assurant is looking for an energetic person who will be responsible for providing exceptional front line customer service to our policyholders and clients. If you are a problem solver and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment, this is the career for you!
Note: This is a remote position.
- Responding to incoming customer inquiries in a high volume inbound call center environment via telephone or in writing. This position will receive 70 to 100 calls per day.
- Supporting processing functions such as issuing insurance policies, certificates, endorsements, and cancellations for clients, customers, and agents.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving customer and client processing problems or errors that include department premium discrepancies and system problems.
- Communicating with external clients as well as internal departments.
This is a full time position. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 8:00am to 8:00pm ET. The Customer Service / Insurance Specialist work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 8:00 pm ET, with possible Saturdays.
- 1 year customer service experience in a high call volume environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of Windows based programs and basic data entry skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Good mathematical skills.
- The Customer Service / Insurance Specialist must be able to work Saturdays as needed.
- Property and Casualty knowledge and/or agency experience.
- Property and Casualty Insurance License.
- Call center experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates must be able to speak, read and write effectively in both languages.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.