Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. Launch your career with Maximus through one of our dynamic customer service centers.
Job Description Summary
Maximus is currently looking to build a pipeline of candidates for potential upcoming work. This remote Customer Service Representative (CSR) position will be in support of a Covid-19 Relief Program. The start date for this contract is pending, but tentatively March 1st. To prepare you for this role, employees will be provided with paid, comprehensive training which ensures our customer service representatives care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
*This position is a Remote – Work at Home, Customer Service position. However, you must be able to physically pick up your equipment at our office located at, 701 Liberty Way, Chester VA 23836.
- Taking in-bound calls and answering questions with the appropriate pre-scripted responses which must be read verbatim to provide basic, general, and claims-specific information
- Performing outbound calls to verify the authenticity of received documents
- Utilize standard technology such as computer, telephone, email, and web browser to complete work tasks
- Complete basic data entry in computer terminal related to phone inquiries such as clicking buttons to confirm answers
- Refer escalated calls as needed to supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- At least six (6) months of customer service required; call center experience preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have lived in the United States for 3 out of the past 5 years
- Must be empathetic in your ability to deal with sensitive topics and information
- Ability to speak and read English clearly and professionally
- Ability to pass a federal background check
Home Office Requirements:
- Hardwired internet (ethernet) connection
- Internet speed of 20mbps or higher required (you can test this by going to www.speedtest.net)
- Private work area and adequate power source
- All equipment will be provided by Maximus (laptop and headset) but must be picked up in our physical office at 701 Liberty Way, Chester VA 23836 prior to your start date.