Vallen’s Customer Service Representative (CSR) is an individual contributor role responsible for providing exceptional service to Vallen’s customers by cultivating relationships, receiving, and processing purchase orders, ensuring product availability, monitoring delivery dates, and resolving order processing issues in a timely manner. They are the primary point of contact for smaller customers for Vallen service offerings, pricing, scheduling, and shipping inquiries.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with customers, providing information about accounts, products, and services
- Generates quotes based on the customer’s requests/needs
- Receives, verifies, and processes customer orders and order changes
- Coordinates shipment or delivery of goods or services
- Highly service and task oriented with strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Drives utilization of digital tools
- Resolve customer complaints immediately
- Monitor segment performance through working of daily, weekly, monthly required reports
- Ensures compliance to service KPI Goals
- Working Capital
- Manage company assets appropriately
- Ensures adequate and timely billing of customer orders
- Ensures timely resolution of Accounts Receivable disputes
- Ensure all compliance to all customer contracts
- Ensures adherence to all pricing & freight policies
- Ensure compliance to company SOP’s and Internal Control Standards
- Vallen Team
- Work with Vallen Business Partners to implement strategic initiatives
- Enable cross functional communication
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or three to five years inside sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as training instructions, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interface in a customer responsive manner over the telephone and in person. Able to handle difficult customer situations with diplomacy.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. A
- The individual must be entrepreneurial and assertive and possess the experience, skills, and attitude to be able to achieve the company’s market share/revenue goals.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.