Allstate Direct is growing our virtual workforce and we are looking for customer-centric, charismatic, talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative and challenging environment. Customer Service is committed to delivering an effortless, efficient and personalized customer experience.
It is Allstate’s goal to support our customers how, when and where they want to be served. As a result, it is critical that all our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Schedules are subject to change due to business need.
- Support our Customers by delivering an effortless and personalized experience
- Active listening, showing interest, compassion and displaying empathy for the customer.
- Demonstrate accuracy in processing changes to customer policies based on the information provided.
- Ensure first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions.
- Work in a dynamic “virtual” environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, call center experience a plus
- Be proficient in multi-tasking on the computer, phone and chat rooms to support customer requests.
- Excellent listening /communication skills (both oral and written)
- Flexibility with changes to business requirements (ie: shift and weekend work schedules)
- Established experience in work from home environment experience a plus
NOTE: This role will not require a new hire to obtain a Property and Casualty insurance license
Start Date: June 2021
Schedule: Various Start Time Available, but all shifts will include 1 weekend day
First Phase of Training (Approx 5 weeks): 9 AM to 5:30 PM CST Monday – Friday
Compensation: $16.00 per hour
This position is not available for Michigan, California, New York, Alaska, and Hawaii residents
We are committed to leveraging technology to enable home based work in combination with our traditional call centers. Qualified candidates will need a dedicated work space and must meet internet access standards for consideration. As a commitment to our customer and employee experience hardware is provided (computer and peripherals).
Standard Technical Requirements
- Home Internet service must be stable.
- 50 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps upload internet service packages
- Access to hardwire (plug-in) ethernet/network cable to your modem/router during your shift.
- Wifi connection is not allowed
- Cannot use satellite, hotspots, MIFI devices, wireless AC wall plug-in extenders, repeaters, boosters and/or pods
- Space for Desktop equipment and 2 monitors – Allstate will provide all equipment
Information Security requirements
- Minimum Requirements – (summary, not all inclusive)
- Established or Dedicated Work area at home, ensuring:
- No one can see your screens, keyboards or Allstate documents
- Area is located where no one can overhear your conversations
- Free from potential hazards affecting equipment (e.g. pets, plants, water, etc.)
- Workspace is not vulnerable to theft
- Free from distractions