The Vaccine Scheduler (Customer Service Representative III) at Maximus makes an impact every day by responding to inquiries resulting from COVID-19 vaccination scheduling questionnaires or communications. Agents will answer incoming calls from the public related to COVID-19 vaccination scheduling. This position will require Agents to use independent judgment to understand the logistics of available timeslots and if the location, distance and/or time of available appointments is a reasonable distance/timeframe to book an appointment. The position may require Agents to make outgoing calls to follow up on vaccination questions. To prepare you for this role, Maximus provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our customer service representatives care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
Pay and Benefits:
- Great pay, based on the county in which you live
- The opportunity to work from the comfort of your home
- A variety of shifts that meet lifestyle and family goals
- Leadership support to ensure success in a meaningful career
- Many opportunities for promotion and career advancement into a global company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Agents will be required to evaluate the needs of the caller to determine the best course of action to assist in scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
- Transfer/refer caller to appropriate entities according to the established guidelines.
- Facilitate the fulfillment of caller requests for materials via mail, email, or download.
- Maintain a current understanding of CDC information on regulations, policies, and procedures in order to provide knowledgeable responses to numerous telephone inquiries in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information provided by callers.
- Continually look for and suggest process improvements, which will benefit Maximus, CDC, and the public (inquirers)
- Respond to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies and refers callers to alternate sources when appropriate.
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution, as needed.
- Track and document all inquiries using the applicable systems.
- Facilitate translation services for non-English speaking callers according to outlined procedures.
- Attend meetings and trainings, as requested, and maintain up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems.
- Meet quality assurance (QA) and other key performance metrics.
- Report problems that occur and assist with the resolution.
- Utilize databases and written materials to look up and provide information to telephone inquiries
- Respond to telephone inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters
Education and Experience:
- 6+ months experience in medical or public health discipline
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Previous experience in customer service preferred
- Effective communicator with strong ability to provide empathy and excellence customer experience
- Clinical knowledge of and experience in medical, public health and/or CDC related topics
- Strong data entry and telephone skills
- Proficient internet search skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and utilize software applications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening, comprehension, communications (verbal and written) problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Previous experience with computers, phone systems, and headsets preferred
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Works remotely
- Must be available to work any shift – Hours of operation: 8am – 10pm EST – Monday to Sunday
- May be required to work scheduled holidays
- Overtime may be required
Home Office Requirements:
- Access to wired internet connection/ethernet
- Internet speed of 20mbps or higher required (you can test this by going to speedtest.net)
- Private work area and adequate power source
- Personal computer & headset with microphone