Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people’s lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That’s what motivates us.
Embrace inclusion. Celebrate diversity. Champion ideas. From across the table to around the world, our path to innovation comes from our friendly environment and outstanding people. That’s the Ciena network.
As Customer Success Advocate you will be responsible for development and nurturing the relationships of Ciena’s Top Customers. The Success Advocate promotes retention, loyalty and advocacy by developing & driving a World Class Customer Experience. The Success Advocate is the primary contact for driving customer outcomes, customer intake, onboarding, and issues prevention by ensuring alignment between operations and contractual requirements to proactively prevent issues, creating a near effortless journey throughout the customers lifecycle.
Customer Success is vital to Ciena’s long-term growth & profitability. We will be successful when our customers recognize they are receiving tangible value from Ciena products and services.
- Align Ciena’s services to strategically meet customer needs to retain as well as expand business and deepen the relationship
- Establish yourself as the de facto trusted advisor with all customers by developing rock solid customer relationships across your customer’s business including Engineering, Operations, Finance, Procurement, and Implementation.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Services organization and company.
- Closely collaborate with Sales to deliver a positive and welcoming onboarding experience for our customers making sure the Customers Success Value Points and Outcomes are fully understood and documented.
- Ensure that key hand-offs during the customer lifecycle are executed flawlessly with no negative impact to the customer experience.
- Meet with customers to understand their goals and the value Ciena can bring to their business by identifying upsell and cross-sell opportunities that can help Customer expand & improve their business.
- Collaborating with Account Management and Delivery & Service teams, foster a success oriented and accountable environment, ensure that Ciena’s customers achieve their desired outcomes and maximize value of Ciena’s Services.
- Drive and influence the value, usage and adoption of our products and services using metrics developed collaboratively with other functional teams. Leverage understanding of data analytics and best practices.
- By closely monitoring customer success health and key indicators and close Customer interaction, take the lead in proactively resolving customer specific product and services issues prior to a negative impact to the Customers Experience.
- Work collaboratively with our Sales Team and the Customer Technical Advocate to assists with accurate and on time renewals with new services identified that drive improved outcomes for our customers.
- Conduct regular customer operational and business reviews, highlighting customer success achievements, proactively suggesting solutions to customer concerns, and driving identified improvement opportunities
Success will evidence itself in the following ways:
- Customer delight
- Expanded account revenue through cross-sell and up-sell
- Increased Customer retention and lower churn rate, increased and faster product adoption, increased customer satisfaction and overall improved customer health scores
- Increased business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Defined and established operational tracking metrics for team and customer
- Fostered collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
A highly energetic and relationship driven customer facing individual who is knowledgeable about the technology marketplace, dynamics, and trends and wants to make an impact on the future of communications. You are looking for a company where you can pursue your interests across multiple business functions and geographies. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Leadership qualities with high integrity.
- Out of the box thinker – Change Agent
- Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally a combined background of both pre-sales and post-sales experience
- Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of value drivers and KPI in recurring revenue business models with ability to translate data into actionable insights and improved customer success
- Relentless passion to drive business growth
- Demonstrated years of retaining and delighting customers in a large product and services organization spanning regional countries in the technology sector
- Breadth of technology, Services, and strong business acumen.
- Strong business judgment and ability to think through complex business issues.
- A dynamic personality that is collaborative, empathetic, passionate, and customer focused.
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action and a relentless passion for increased revenue and growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or Communications preferred or relevant years of work experience.
- Min 10+ years in technology industry in a senior role related to customer engagement or success, preferably in a Services role
- Excellent communication & presentations skills
- Interface and manage all levels of a global organization