The Customer Support Agent is an entry-level position that requires the ability to provide a consistent positive customer experience. We strive to create a WOW! moment with each interaction via phone call, ticket and live chat. The role calls for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, demonstrates initiative, can multi-task at a high level and works efficiently through common tasks and troubleshooting reported issues. As an Agent you will learn everything you need to know about our industry, providers and pet parent mobile app users. You will be responsible for collaborating with internal teams and providing a best-in-class customer experience in the veterinary space. We are looking for an inquisitive “people person” with a drive to problem-solve, is process oriented, can balance competing priorities, enjoys seeing projects through from start to finish, and is customer focused.
Apply if you’re excited to:
- Be a troubleshooting detective who follows every clue, can easily connect with customers and build rapport.
- Problem solve, think through complex ideas, then break them down into simple terms and action items.
- Investigate and provide resolutions to our customers and mobile app users in a confident and easy to understand manner.
- Actively listen to customers, extract their true ask and translate that into meaningful information for internal technical teams.
- Become an expert on the pet care industry and use that knowledge to provide a best-in-class customer experience during each and every interaction.
- Enjoy speaking to pet-loving customers via phone, email, and live chat all day every day!
- 2-year minimum of consecutive professional experience in a Customer Support or Technical Support role answering phone calls, live chats and ticket inquiries.
- Inquisitive and possess a methodical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting technical and non-technical issues; resourceful and solution oriented with a sense of urgency.
- Professional and positive demeanor on the phone and in written communications; communication is clear and concise.
- Experience with being a part of process improvement and change management across multiple departments.
- Fast learner and excellent multi-tasker with attention to detail, produces high quality results and adapts well to priority changes throughout the day.
Compensation & More
Pay for this full-time role starts at $20/hr.
PetDesk is a Remote First organization, ensuring our culture, infrastructure, and ecosystem supports team members participation in critical decisions and information sharing, regardless of location. Benefits and perks include:
- Stock Options
- 100% Medical coverage for employees and dependents (most plans)
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dental & Vision coverage available
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Time Off & 15 Paid Annual Holidays
- 2% Non Elective 401k Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pawternity Leave & Subsidized Pet Insurance
- $250 Annual PetDesk Scholarship Stipend for L&D
- Veterinary Medicine Diversity & Inclusion Certificate Program
We also look forward to one day re-opening our dog friendly, Banker’s Hill/Downtown San Diego location with a gorgeous view of the San Diego Bay!