The Customer Support Agent is an entry-level position that requires the ability to provide a consistent positive customer experience. We strive to create a WOW! moment with each interaction via phone call, ticket and live chat. The role calls for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, demonstrates initiative, can multi-task at a high level and works efficiently through common tasks and troubleshooting reported issues. As an Agent you will learn everything you need to know about our industry, customers and pet parent mobile app users. You will be responsible for collaborating with internal teams and providing a best-in-class customer experience in the veterinary space. We are looking for an inquisitive “people person” with a drive to problem-solve, is process oriented, can balance competing priorities, sees projects through from start to finish and is customer focused.
Apply if you’re excited to:
- Be a troubleshooting detective who follows every clue, can easily connect with customers and build rapport.
- Problem solve, think through complex ideas, then break them down into simple terms and action items.
- Investigate and provide resolutions to our customers and mobile app users in a confident and easy to understand manner.
- Actively listen to customers, extract their true ask and translate that into meaningful information for internal technical teams.
- Become an expert on the pet care industry and use that knowledge to provide a best-in-class customer experience during each and every interaction.
- Enjoy speaking to pet-loving customers via phone, email, and live chat all day every day!
- 2-year minimum of consecutive professional experience in a Customer Support or Technical Support role answering phone calls, live chats and ticket inquiries.
- Inquisitive and possess a methodical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting technical and non-technical issues; resourceful and solution oriented with a sense of urgency.
- Professional and positive demeanor on the phone and in written communications; communication is clear and concise.
- Experience with being a part of process improvement and change management across multiple departments.
- Fast learner and excellent multi-tasker with attention to detail, produces high quality results and adapts well to priority changes throughout the day.
Compensation & More
This is a full-time hourly position with the ability for overtime pay. Hourly rate starts at $20/hour.
Benefits and perks include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life plans, generous time off, 401(k), startup casual dress code, pet-friendly office, paid parental leave, Banker’s Hill/Downtown San Diego location, and a gorgeous view of the San Diego Bay!
PetDesk, an industry leader in Veterinary client communication software, has helped over 2,000 veterinary practices streamline business with simple software solutions that help pet parents stay current and pet care providers stay connected. The PetDesk Experience has garnered 1.4M App users and counting with a 5-Star Capterra rating through powerful features, including a 5-Star Rated Pet Health Mobile App and industry-leading customer support. The 100,000 reviews across the App/Google store speak for themselves.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Diego, CA, PetDesk secured a Series-B Investment of $12M from Silicon Valley based Peakspan Capital in Dec. 2018. PetDesk has 80+ employees and proudly supports a gender balanced workforce. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Our mission is to engage pet parents in their pets’ health through a deeper relationship with their pet care providers.
PetDesk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Please, no external recruiters—candidate profiles submitted from external recruiting agencies will not be considered.