We are looking to hire a Customer Support Associate with strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills whose mindset is always customer-first. In this role, you will execute on the customer support and service functions for our customers (referred to as subscribers), keep up-to-date documentation on ongoing support issues, and use your first-hand experience to help develop insights and solutions to improve subscriber satisfaction. This is a new team and role in Sparkfund, and the Associate will play a big role in creating and implementing the processes, systems, and infrastructure that boost subscriber satisfaction, time to resolution, and efficiency of resolution.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to customer inquiries, complaints, and technology maintenance issues.
- Work with external vendors and internal teams to resolve issues and meet and exceed subscribers’ expectations.
- Provide/facilitate customer training and onboarding to technology platforms and/or the installed efficiency equipment.
- Serve as a customer advocate to identify changes to workflows to increase efficiency of various internal teams to improve the quality of services delivered to customers.
- Gain an understanding of the roles of various parts of Sparkfund that are involved in customer support issues resolution (finance, project delivery, project engineering, sales, etc) and be comfortable with pulling in those teams as needed.
- Be able to handle first level questions with top notch customer service, and identify when to escalate complaints as needed to senior management for resolution.
- Develop proficiency in a multitude of our IoT partner platforms in order to provide preliminary support and trouble-shooting for these systems.
- Manage the day-to-day inquiries that come through our overflow and after-hours response service, AnswerConnect. Follow-up on messages, provide feedback for AnswerConnect reps, and iterate on our scripting.
- Communicate with the customer during and after installation, collecting and processing deliverables from the customer, including delivery confirmations
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward subscribers at all times, and respond promptly to subscriber inquiries.
- Create and maintain documentation of subscriber interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Help improve Customer Support by evaluating processes and proposing iterative improvements.
- Enhance Customer Support productivity by simplifying processes, helping to implement new tools.
- Make recommendations to Sales and Product teams for changes to products or services based on subscriber feedback and requests.
- Identify and eliminate operations process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
What you should have:
- 1-3 years in relevant areas, preferably in B2B customer service, success, or account management.
- Proven ability to demonstrate good judgement and composure in difficult situations.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending process improvements.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks; proven strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with day-to-day operations using software and cloud-based information management tools including Salesforce, G Suite, Asana, and Slack.
- Dedication to what we’re building at Sparkfund and making an impact through increasing access to energy efficiency across the economy.
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- Experience working with large energy companies (utilities, retail electric, oil & gas, or renewables)
- Experience managing executive customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
- Experience generating sales leads from a portfolio of existing customers.
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience shaping or revamping the customer experience (CX).