Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Customer Support Team
The Customer Support Team helps our pros provide a great experience to their customers, build customer loyalty and grow their business. We are responsible for managing this customer journey by providing the best solution for each individual – both pro and customer. As the frontline advocates, our Customer Support Team creates customer experiences that are simple, valuable and inspired.
About the Role
As a Customer Support Representative, you bring our Thumbtack mission to life! Through handling inbound calls from our users, you navigate the challenges of account changes, profile updates, billing inquiries, website and app assistance and retention while ensuring a high quality, low effort experience for the caller. Our best customer support representatives are enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on balancing technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. Conflict resolution and negotiation skills are a must as you actively listen to our callers’ concerns to offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem or complaint that comes your way. You are the voice of Thumbtack on the front lines!
- Partner with our pros and customers by listening to their needs and providing the best solutions – you’re the expert!
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtack’s products and services
- Participate in 30-40 phone consultations a day with our users to determine the best solution to get jobs done and grow small businesses
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer inquiries with effective problem solving skills while building a relationships with the caller
- Maintain high performance metrics including quality, adherence, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate trends to the appropriate parties
- Make independent and insightful decisions while keeping the customer and company needs in mind
- Engage with team members through weekly development sessions, training and support interactions that help build each other
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- A mature, self-motivated and detail oriented individual
- A stellar communicator with the ability to build relationships with customers from diverse backgrounds
- A successful track record working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Customer-centric, allowing you to maintain a high level of customer focus in a variety of complicated situations while equally considering the customer and company needs
- Ability to multitask and adapt to change
- Reliable and dependable in consistently meeting attendance and performance expectations
- 2+ years experience in a customer service driven role
- 2+ years experience in a call center environment
- 1+ years additional education beyond high school
- Bilingual and professional Spanish proficiency