The Customer Support Specialists are the frontline voice to our students and clients. They provide a variety of services and support, including answering inbound calls, email and chat-based communications, and explaining and promoting our courses, products, and services. CSS’s build relationships with our students and clients by providing the highest level of service. Customer Support Specialists are trained on core product lines, systems, and websites with the flexibility to adapt to changes in products and services offered and expand their workload to support additional product lines.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Serve as a resource for students and clients regarding core product lines, services, and compliance regulations.
- Understand product attributes and how they support student learning.
- Advise potential students of all available learning options, provide guidance with purchasing decisions by using a conversational approach.
- Recognize potential sales opportunities and provide leads to our Inside Sales team for follow-up.
- Demonstrate skill with core product customer information systems, and websites, and accurately enter and edit customer information and product orders in an applicable order entry system.
- Promptly answer inbound telephone calls, emails, and chats and respond to customer inquiries and service requests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exhibit strong listening skills and the ability to stay focused on the student experience.
- Provide service excellence through accurate order placement, timely follow up of service requests, and maintaining a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Troubleshoot and resolve student concerns or complaints promptly to ensure satisfaction. Document and escalate issues and complaints as outlined in the escalation policy.
- Send thank you cards to build relationships.
- Gather leads and document student feedback.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of Service experience, preferably customer support in a call center environment or customer relations role.
- MS Office and Gmail experience, or ability to learn.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to proactively identify holistic student needs.
- Strong focus on service excellence initiatives and positive student outcomes.
- Team player with adaptability to changes in workload, systems, and processes.
- Ability to learn core product lines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in an omni-channel support environment, responding to chats, emails, and phone calls simultaneously.
- Thrives in a metrics-driven environment.
- Positive, and friendly demeanor; ability to remain calm and professional in all situations.