Our Customer Success team is about much more than just responding to customer issues. As a Customer Support Specialist, you are in the best position to understand how our customers find value, how they use our product, and where they struggle. A big part of this role is to make that knowledge count by helping us figure out how we can make our product and their experience with Knack — amazing.
We’re looking for an empathetic and patient person that enjoys solving tricky customer problems while looking for ways to improve customer experience in the long-run.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll guide customers through learning to use Knack and help them to troubleshoot issues through email and our in-app messenger.
- You’ll improve our product by gathering customer feedback and, over time, recognizing patterns and areas where customers are struggling that we need to address.
- You’ll advocate for our customers and work with our product team to help them understand what changes should be prioritized.
- You’ll help improve our knowledge base and other support materials by writing, creating, and updating content, and by making suggestions for new support content.
- You’ll help improve our internal support team resources, including writing canned responses, adding to our internal knowledge base, and making suggestions for improving processes.
- You’ll be the face of the company. Our customers interact with our Success team more than any other team in our company. When our customers think of Knack, they will think of the experiences they have with you.
What you should have:
- You’re patient, empathetic, and enjoy working with customers. You don’t just want to resolve an issue. You get a kick out of making a customer’s day better and putting them at ease.
- You have at least one year of experience in a customer support role for a web-based, technical product and you provided support through email (chat support would be a bonus). You’ve been in the trenches and understand both the incredible value that customer support provides and the work that it takes to give customers a great experience.
- You enjoy solving new problems every day and won’t give up if you don’t find the answer right away. Our product is very robust and it’s not the kind of product that you will learn everything about in a month, year, or 5 years. So if you like challenges and puzzles, keep reading.
- You’re always on the lookout for ways to make things better for customers and you’re willing to advocate for those changes.
- You have excellent written communication skills. You can break down complex topics into easy-to-follow guidance while being friendly and professional.
- You have experience with writing or creating help content (i.e. articles, videos, etc.) and understand best practices for doing so.
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- You have a sense of humor, a sense of humility, and take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- You are excited about exploring growth and career opportunities within a customer support team.
- You are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
- You are excited to work in an environment that emphasizes both autonomy and accountability.
- You are totally okay with big swings, wild experiments, and learning through failure.