Location: US, UK, or Canada
What Zapier has to say about the job:
We are looking for a Director of Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) to lead the development and implementation of programs and policies that promote DIBE at Zapier. As the Head of DIBE, you will lead Zapier’s 10-year DIBE plan, which includes measuring and monitoring company diversity, developing new programs and practices that effectively increase diversity, and providing support to various groups within the organization. You will also develop and administer training to help employees embrace and understand differing perspectives.
We have developed a deliberate, multifaceted approach to diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity at Zapier that will help us achieve our goal to have a workforce that is representative of the US workforce by the year 2030. This approach emphasizes a diverse workforce, pay equity, equitable promotions across all teams, community impact, training and education, and a fully accessible product. This role will have a direct impact on all of those programs.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You have at least five years of experience in a people-driven role. We know that many paths can lead to an expertise in diversity, inclusion, belonging and equity. Maybe your background is in Human Resources, Learning and Development, Employee Experience, or People Operations. We mostly want to hear about your experience building a diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity strategy for your organization and executing on that strategy.
You are an experienced educator and facilitator. In close partnership with our Learning and Development team, you will develop trainings, workshops and classes to lead DIBE programs across the company.
You are comfortable with taking ownership of D&I programs. While Zapier does have a diversity roadmap for the next 10 years, you will be responsible for developing and executing on strategic, progressive programs for the entire organization.
You are data-driven. You have experience analyzing and evaluating qualitative and quantitative data to make the best decisions for your organization.
You are an expert at building relationships across an organization. You will partner closely with various groups across Zapier, including People Operations, Recruiting, Learning and Development, the Executive team, our DIBE taskforce, and our Employee Resource Groups, to drive right programs and initiatives for Zapier.
You know how to get things done. You believe there’s a way you can solve any challenge. You are an expert at weighing people and business outcomes to prioritize projects. You take pride in delivering timely and thorough service and outstanding follow-up.
You are an exceptional communicator. You understand how to leverage data to tell a story, but you are highly empathetic and understand how to build consensus across the organization.
You’re a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You’ll use written summaries and reports to communicate vision, strategy, plans, findings, and results to the engineering and full Zapier team.
You’re a champion for doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. We want the DIBE programs we develop to effectively scale as our organization grows.
Things You Might Do
- Create a one, two, and five-year strategy in conjunction with our 10-year DIBE roadmap
- Manage and run our bi-annual DIBE survey and create a plan to increase scores across all departments
- Design company policies that reinforce diversity and equality in the workplace
- Partner with Learning and Development (L&D) to strategize, build, and execute programs to best support our people
- Collaborate with our L&D and Recruiting teams to train hiring teams on how to select, manage, evaluate and retain employees from underrepresented groups
- Collaborate with our Product, Marketing, and Support teams to devise and build programs that support our diverse users and their needs
- Collaborate with our Communications team on how best to showcase our people and programs to the outside world
- Measure and forecast diversity metrics
- Provide coaching and guidance for our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Act as a consultant to underrepresented groups and make sure all voices are heard
- Manage program budgets, including expenses for our ERGs
- Research new tools and strategies to make an impact and strengthen our underrepresented communities
- Leverage data to help drive decisions in the organization using tools like Looker, Charthop, and Google Sheets