For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide EDI error support to end users on a variety of issues utilizing existing EDI error job aids and reference materials escalating issues as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to telephone calls, emails, and technical support requests; documents, tracks, and monitors issues ensuring a timely resolution.
- Responds to and resolves a high volume of EDI errors received from error reports utilizing existing EDI error job aids and reference materials; escalates complex support tickets to the appropriate parties; provides status and follow-up information to internal customers; and assists real-time in the resolution of support issues to decrease penalty exposure.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree in a computer technology field preferred.
One (1) year of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include six (6) months of workers’ compensation or claims related experience. JURIS or claims management application experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of claim systems, workers compensation adjuster job functions, pay code use, and company workflow and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.