The Rackspace Hosted Email Postmaster is a high energy position that is responsible for working with internal technologies and Rackspace customers to ensure that email deliverability service levels are maintained. This role involves heavy communication skills along with the ability to grasp and understand in detail issues associated with various standards and best practices used by industry.
- The Rackspace team is looking for a high energy individual to join the Postmaster team for Rackspace’s hosted email services. As a Postmaster you will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance to customers to improve deliver rates to Rackspace hosted email as well as to other primary mail providers (ISPs) including AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, etc..
- Managing Mail Feedback Loop, Whitelist requests, IP Reputation.
- Leading issue resolution with customers that have SPF/DKIM/DMARC misalignment
- Manage downstream sender rates and communicate with major ISP postmasters to provide quick resolution
- Provide a “voice” to customers via a postmaster forum
- Drive backlog requests to improve deliverability
- Provide feedback on abusive activity to Anti Abuse services team for prioritization
- Assisting RSE customers to mitigate delivery issues by providing best practices associated with “Clean” email senders.
- Outstanding communication
- Customer relationship capabilities
- Knowledge of email sending practices and policies
- Ability to quickly learn various tools for analyzing deliverability issues
- Basic Linux command line skills such as navigating the file system and searching through log files are a must
- Two years of relevant job experience required
- Education: High School Diploma