Hiring an engineer to work on the web front-end applications that our customers use to both manage their IoT device experience on the Particle platform, from fleet health through to use case specific applications. To most of our customers, this IS the Particle experience and you would be joining us right as we begin the rebuilding of our existing web properties and internal systems.
In this role, you will build, deploy, test and monitor a suite of applications that enable product creators to rapidly deploy and scale an IoT solution.
What you’ll do:
- Develop web front-end applications. You will write code and implement UIs for the web front-end applications used by our most important enterprise customers to manage large fleets of Internet of Things (IoT) devices in real world deployments. With any support needed, you will also dive into our backend applications like the Particle REST API, our GraphQL API, making unified front and backend changes that are deployed in tandem. We are a product driven agile shop and the Particle Product Team will define much of the work you do, producing designs and user stories that describe the user experience on our platform. You will test your code using unit and integration tests that run under continuous integration because we love well tested systems for the stable experience it brings to our customers. You will validate your changes using real Particle cellular devices connected to the Particle cloud platform.
- Ensure the performance, reliability and security of front-end applications. You will instrument the applications to report user activity metrics and participate in triaging issues reported by customers as well as those logged automatically in our error tracking system (we use Sentry!), and work to resolve issues by order of priority. You will update dependencies to keep applications up to date and you will collaborate with the security team to respond to security vulnerability reports. Security work is taken seriously and we will also fix know defects over product updates.
- Design the future of the Particle Cloud. You will collaborate with the Product team, lead engineers and UI designers to provide users with a good experience at all stages of their journey managing their IoT product. You will plan your work for 2 week agile sprints and ship with our team a major product update every 6 weeks
- Work daily with a global team. You’ll be working daily with a global team of engineers, designers and product managers and your excellent written and oral technical communication are the secret sauce that enables you to amplify your contributions across the team. You will participate in code reviews to learn about other parts of the Particle cloud, and share your knowledge with other engineers.
What you should have:
- 3+ years experience developing web-end applications in React and / or React Native
- Experience with modern front-end tooling like bundlers (webpack), package managers (npm, bower) and testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha)
- Familiarity with Typescript and the tools and techniques required to build productions systems with it
- A deep understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- An understanding of web technologies (HTTP, REST APIs, web servers)
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- A strong understanding of git and the GitHub platform
- Phenomenal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working remotely for a U.S. based company