We are looking for a skilled and experienced full stack AWS developer to join our development team. This person will work closely with an agile team to help solve business problems for our Commercial Lines business and further the development of our current AWS based application.
They will be expected to lead the team with their development knowledge and experience, helping to educate others on the team while ensuring the application is cost efficient and of high quality.
What you’ll do:
Application Development (45%)
- Analyzes high level system specifications, system requirements and/or use cases. Converts information into low level specifications and system design plan. Designs and develops moderate to complex software solutions in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls. Identifies and provides solution alternatives for the defined functional and system requirements when needed.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications. Follows through with options and recommendations.
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions, estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as required by organization standards.
- Defines, conducts, and/or participates in testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepares, leads and/or participates in development walkthroughs.
- Collaborates with others regarding effectiveness of systems flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify requirements.
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming, design, performance, quality, and security. Identifies and recommends areas for improvement in planning, design, development, and testing.
- Assists in developing recommendations for future development, releases, and enhancements (technical implementations).
Maintenance & Support (35%)
- Provides second-level and third-level support. Troubleshoots problems with supported applications and ensures problems are resolved to client satisfaction. Escalates to senior-level when needed. Provides alternatives for solving identified system problems.
- Repairs, modifies, and develops additional functionality.
- Provides vendor system support.
- Follows and supports change management practices and internal controls standards. Communicates changes and impact to those affected. Assists less experienced technologists in all areas of maintenance and communication.
- Shares knowledge and information with others to resolve problems and build team knowledge.
- Creates and maintains service desk diagnostics and job aids for area of responsibility. Updates and/or reviews with those affected.
Technical Leadership (20%)
- Provides accurate estimates of object(s) size and work effort for software solutions to assigned specifications as an input to work planning. Assists less experienced technologists with estimation.
- Assists and holds others accountable for their commitments. Takes accountability for team deliverables and overall team success; manages own tasks.
- Recognizes and escalates quality, deadline, or deliverable issues within own work environment to team leads and/or management.
- Participates in systems analysis, general systems design, specification development for vendor contracts, and detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Provides technical leadership in the ongoing adoption and development of software engineering procedures, standards and methods.
- Participates in knowledge sharing activities and technical conversations with peers to increase the overall knowledge of software development practices.
What you should have:
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic knowledge and understanding of application architecture, design alternatives, and development standards.
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical information.
- Demonstrated experience developing complex software/systems using one or more programming language.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, using and supporting integration and communications technologies between applications, databases and technology platforms.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and estimating project size and work efforts for software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience writing and modeling application system design and program specifications.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of integration and migration strategies and technologies.