At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision is to become the best place in the world to learn design and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
What you’ll do:
- Look after the motion design production for on-brand internal and external content videos (event videos, video templates, hype reels, and social media motion deliverables) for our Design Education department. https://designschool.canva.com/
- Produce high-quality and on-brand motion design materials for all internal and external projects
- Contribute to the creative and art direction of the motion design projects to ensure cohesion across all creative channels, and alignment with our global brand.
- Direct motion design improvements and establish the quality bar high for the team.
- Help contribute/update guidelines, playbooks and other on-brand materials for various teams’ initiatives and campaigns
- Collaborate with the Design Education department to produce video related projects, from brainstorming, research, pre-production to post production. Work closely with brand designers, motion designs, and copywriters.
- An understanding and ability to work with layout, colour, typography, and imagery.
What you should have:
- Experience as a Motion Designer creating a diverse range of video and animated assets, content creation, and video editing
- Strong understanding of the motion design process in a creative environment or workflow.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for motion design or animation.
- Proactively engages in team initiatives and can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to streamline and improve processes.
- Efficiently communicates and articulates ideas
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.