Our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live. We’re a multidisciplinary, fully remote, team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
What you’ll do:
First in-house Motion Graphics & Video Designer, you’ll be part of the Design team and collaborate closely with the Marketing and Support teams to create animated UI tutorials, feature launch videos, and live-action videos that showcase our products, users, team, and values. During your first year, your work will primarily be focused on motion graphics but, over time, we hope to delve more into live-action video. You will be happy in this role if you primarily consider yourself a motion designer who has video production skills. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Lead the creative direction for animations and videos.
- Animate the Doist products’ UIs using artwork provided by designers for marketing videos and help center tutorials.- Produce and edit marketing videos for Doist feature releases and landing pages.
- Keep up with current video platforms (Youtube, Wistia, social media, etc.) to best utilize their features, technical details, and analytics capabilities.
- Drive the video strategy as part of our brand and marketing objectives.
What you should have:
It’s important to us that the person we hire can thrive in this role. Here’s a snapshot of what that looks like:
- You enjoy collaborating with others from different backgrounds and professions to create engaging, approachable video content.
- You’re curious about understanding the needs and motivations of the people who watch our video content.
- You like telling stories in your work and are able to communicate and explain your ideas clearly and are welcoming of feedback.
- You’re energized by learning new skills and techniques and are always striving to improve your capabilities.
- You can generate 2D and 3D graphics using After Effects or similar tools.
- You value the importance of graphic and motion design principles and are able to work within and contribute to a brand’s visual style.
- You value the importance of sound design and music in video and are able to incorporate sound effects and music into videos to enhance the narrative.
- You’re comfortable managing the pre-production, production, and post-production of all videos.
- You feel comfortable directing live interviews and small productions. You can work with contractors and coordinating with third-party agencies remotely.
Not sure the role is a good fit for you? That’s okay! We’d still be happy to consider you. Here’s what the process will look like:
- Submit your complete application by June 28 at 2PM UTC. This including a resume (or manually entered experience) and thoughtful responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
- Application screening. We read every application to understand your motivation, skills, and experience. Once your application has been reviewed, you’ll receive a response regarding the status of your application by July 2nd.
- Interview with Ana F. (Head of Design)
- Salary range check via email with Andrew G. (People Operations Generalist)
- We’ll ask you to complete a test project.
- Interview with Neil V. (Product Marketer)
- Interview with Stephen B. (Brand Designer)
- Interview with Amir S. (Founder & CEO)