Job Summary Paycor’s General Ledger Specialist works directly with Paycor’s clients to create and review a customized general ledger using Paycor’s software platform meeting high standards for timeliness and accuracy. He/She works closely with the account’s Payroll Analyst and Project Manager to understand each client’s needs and implementation timeline, and communicates regularly with account updates. Successful General Ledger Specialist candidates will demonstrate a dedicated focus to clients; specifically, the ability to establish immediate rapport and connection, quickly understand clients’ needs, and tactfully address challenges and concerns. Additionally, the Specialist will possess extensive knowledge of payroll, accounting, and general ledgers to maximize their business productivity, client satisfaction, and ultimately retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Paycor’s products, features and usage.
- Verify that all necessary data and forms have been obtained from client to successfully create general ledger.
- Accurately import or input company and employee data for a new client into Paycor’s system and complete review of information within required time frames.
- Review accuracy of data and research and resolve any problems prior to running the client’s first payroll.
- Record and maintain account status in Paycor’s project management software.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with Implementation team to confirm client deadlines.
- Work closely with sales partners to ensure client expectations are being met.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software system problems for clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of prior payroll experience, preferably with knowledge of Paycor system; account experience helpful
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC software with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite and web tools for conferencing and training; exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll, general ledgers, and local tax regulations; successful completion of Paycor training and testing process
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; ability to work efficiently and effectively on project teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet client needs with short turnaround
- Have regular, timely attendance and work overtime at quarter and year ends as required