The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Helpdesk Student Service Advisor
In support of this, the Helpdesk Student Service Advisor is responsible for answering help desk phone lines to ensure all student questions regarding any area of their student experience are answered accurately, professionally and promptly and record all interactions in company’s database.
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls.
- Maintain a professional attitude in challenging situations.
- Greet Students warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling.
- Handle student complaints and questions in an upbeat, professional manner
- Keep meticulous records of student interactions in database
- Light IT Support
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with students through open and interactive communication and by going the extra mile.
- Represent the college – exhibit initiative, enthusiasm, and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position.
- Physical demands – Sitting at a desk with intermittent walking, standing; for up to eight hours, bending, and occasionally lifting objects (up to 15 pounds). Work is performed in an office or remotely.
- May be required to work nonstandard or swing shifts.
- 1-2 years telephone customer service experience
- Experience in High Ed sector a plus
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Automated Dialers and CampusVue preferred.
Working Remotely Requirements:
- Dedicated space/office must be free from distractions and background noise (personal calls, visitors, pets, TV, children, etc.)
- Must adhere to set schedule
- Continuous/active communication with managers and co-workers
- Must have the following resources at home:
- Dedicated office space that can accommodate dual monitors, computer, and VPN device
- A hardwired (from the computer to the internet router/modem) Highspeed internet with:
- A minimum of 6 Mbps download speed and 1.5 upload speed
- Latency/Ping must be @ 40-45ms or lower
- Depending on the availability; Cable, DSL, Fiber are only supported ISP provider services (candidates must provide Internet Service Provider Name and the test results before hire)
- Satellite, Hot Spot and any other unreliable services are not supported by CEHE; Wireless connection is also not supported
- Problem solving
- Record keeping
- Working in high-stress situations
- Communications Proficiency
- Business acumen
- Collaboration Skills.
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.