We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join the engineering team at Modus. Want to help our client’s build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talent on the planet? Then keep reading.
What you’ll do:
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work in internal and external projects together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide
- Interact directly with internal and external clients to represent Modus and its values
What you should have:
- You love helping and supporting teams to build great software.
- You’ll have a primary focus working in the refinement of client requirements as well as preparing documentation about the project/solution for both internal/external stakeholders.
- You have worked with teams before on large and demonstrable projects.
- You have excellent knowledge of testing procedures.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development methodology is a must.
- You have work experience documenting best practices, various guidelines on how to write test cases, how to create bugs, how to use TestRail, etc.
- In addition, you have written documentation on how to test mobile apps, and how to organise and use test environments.
- Experience with tools like Jira and Confluence is desirable.
- You have a high-level understanding of DevOps practices and the “Shift Left” approach to testing.
- Being able to communicate with other departments related to your team and daily work is key.
- You love learning. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
- You are self-driven, self-learner willing to share knowledge and participate actively in your community.
- Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high speed internet is a must.