The HR Agency and Producer Recruiting Systems/Tools Consultant I designs and manages functional configurations of multiple technology platforms, systems and tools within the Recruiting and On-boarding processes of agents and producers to drive recruiting process efficiencies while supporting data strategies. The position has a deep understanding of system and tool capabilities, architecture, functionality, and integration points and can build a process to provide a positive experience for both the candidates and users. The position collaborates with other members of the recruiting teams, DSPD, IT and vended technology partners, as well as the product owners to prioritize and provide business requirements for execution.
- Accountability across many recruiting systems and tools utilized for nurturing, sourcing, recruiting, of candidates for all agency models and producers
- Responsibility across many major Sales technology platforms, including Salesforce, Marketing cloud, SAP (Employee and Agent), MMS, iCIMS, the REO tool, LinkedIn, and other recruiting platforms utilized in the sourcing and recruiting process
- Accountable to manage platforms and system configuration that is high complexity, primarily large/scope that has multiple upstream/downstream impacts
- Proactively stays current with system roadmaps, strategic direction and changes to understand full functionality and behavior of software, provide full support to end users and drive business value through enhancements
- Serves as a consultant for the Recruiting team, third parties, internal IT and other stakeholders to resolve functionality problems; understands integrated HR processes and seeks out tool solutions to meet business needs and contributes to business process improvements
- Participates in external networking, industry expertise forums and best practice sharing; bringing ideas to influence the recruiting process
- Coaches less experienced employees, recruiters, sales leaders in the technologies, systems, and tools and how to anticipate and prevent potential problems and best navigate to resolve programming and functionality problems
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certifications in recruitment, human resources, or recruitment marketing
- Functional knowledge of agent and producer recruiting processes
- Analytical mindset, creative/critical thinking, advanced problem solving, and project management skills – ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex data issues to determine cause
- Applied experience developing technology solutions operating within a business or technology role
- Advanced time management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Client relationship skills with the ability to communicate proactively and consistently with clients at all levels across the enterprise
- Professional with strong communication skills with the ability to partner with recruiting teams
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Utilizes data to inform the actions of the team to achieve desired goals; leverages metrics, tools, and reports to calibrate the performance of the organization and provides coaching when deviations occur
Compensation range for this position is $60,000 – $75,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.