We’re looking for a Inbound/Outbound Enrollment Specialist to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard Student Success brings virtualized support and technology enabled solutions to the world’s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better education experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
Blackboard Student Success is hiring for remote, work from home opportunities with immediate availability and schedules that offer flexibility.
The Inbound/Outbound Enrollment Specialist will contact potential customers to inform them of available product offerings, consult with them on the best product for their situation, and close the sale with the customer.
- Utilizing lead list to call prospective customers, sharing information with them about Blackboard and our numerous product offerings
- Developing relationships with parents as an educational advisor and consultant generating and enhancing interest in the various client products and services
- Understanding differences between VA’s, VSP’s, private charter schools, home schooling, and other product offerings with the ability to describe the differences to potential customers
- Discerning parents’/primary caregivers’ and students’ needs and desires for an education solution and the fit of various program offerings based on location, availability, and time of the year
- Providing recommendations to parents/primary caregivers on which school solution is the best for their situation
- Keeping up to date with changes to schools and their enrollment policies and procedures and messaging these appropriately to parents/primary caregivers
- Requesting and closing the sale of parents/primary caregivers relative to the best solution for their situation
- Explaining the placement, enrollment processes, and next steps based on the product sold
- Meeting departmental levels for phone productivity, prospects, enrollments received, enrollments approved, withdrawal rate, phone productivity, call quality, customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, representative attendance, and schedule adherence
- Must be able to work from home
- Ability to identify customer educational needs and find appropriate solutions to them
- Computer knowledge and internet navigation skills
- Ability to handle multiple job tasks at one time and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must have either an ISP provided modem that allows a third party VOIP, or a personal modem and personal router without restrictions
- Must be able to wire company hardware directly into router which may not be more than 100 feet from the computer
- Minimum recommended Internet speed is 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload with 100 MS-ping or less consistently that is dedicated to the workstation
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- College degree or some college completed
- 1+ year of customer service experience
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.