We are currently looking for an Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coder (Remote) $28-$34/hr. to join our team. This opening is in anticipation for a full-time position with one of our longstanding clients. The Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coder (Remote) – $28-$34/hr. will assign and sequence codes by reviewing the documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance.
Additionally, the Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coder will be responsible for:
· Assigning and sequencing diagnostic and procedural codes for multiple outpatient accounts such as Same-Day Surgery, General Surgery, Spinal, ED/Trauma, or other more complex patient types.
· Reviewing physician documentation & coding for appropriateness & accuracy following coding guidelines.
· Utilizing electronic medical record and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software or an encoder, depending on the client.
· Complying with system-wide coding practices to meet corporate compliance guidelines and to ensure appropriate and effective reimbursement with client Financial Services, medical staff, and various departments.
· Reviewing and analyzing medical records for accurate code selection.
· Maintaining query communication with providers to ensure timely notification of identified documentation issues that may impact revenue or compliance.
· Assisting with the interpretation of codes and other information requested for accurate billing and reimbursement.
· Possess knowledge and understanding of failed bill parameters. Performs outpatient charge reconciliation to ensure all submitted charges are posted timely and balance with total submitted charges.