Sutherland is immediately hiring work at home Health Insurance Benefits Specialists to primarily help facilitate Open Enrollment for our clients’ customers for a 4-5-month contract with the potential for full-time after the contract ends.
Health insurance is more essential than ever, and we are helping customers by answering their basic inquiries to understand their options before connecting them with a licensed agent. We are a group of driven and hard-working individuals, and if you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
Note: This role will require a commitment of 40 hours per week, but we are open to flexible schedules with 4-day work weeks with 10-hour days after training. Overview of Operating Hours:
- During the Open Enrollment Period, November thru January – M-F 8am to 8pm EST, Saturdays and Sunday 8am -5pm EST
- February thru October – M-F 8am-7pm EST, Saturdays 8am-5pm EST
- Receive inbound phone calls from prospects and use probing questions to verify if the customer qualifies for an insurance product prior to transferring to a licensed agent
- Determines eligibility and answers member questions that do not require a licensed agent
- Build relationship and establish rapport with caller to gain trust
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines
- Update job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities
- Accurately process application/ information in Sutherland and the client’s sales and customer systems
- Accurately track and record outcome of calls and customer issues/inquiries for follow up
- High school diploma
- High level of accuracy when completing tasks
- Typing skills of 30+ WPM with 90% accuracy required
- Action oriented, takes initiative, and seizes opportunities when they arise to meet defined objectives
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to overcome customer objections
- Proficient PC skills and previous experience with electronic documentation management, understanding of workflows and Microsoft Products (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows Explorer)
- Ability to manage multiple software applications and document customer records at the same time
- Prior experience and/or knowledge of Medicare or medical terminology preferred
- Prior experience in call centers and the health care/insurance industry preferred.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, listening, and interpersonal skills required.
Working from home is easiest when you are equipped with everything that you need! You must have:
- Excellent Internet connectivity
- A quiet and distraction-free, secure place to work
- A dual ear USB headset that has a noise cancelling microphone
- A computer with two monitors